Monday, June 7, 2010

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times

First let me say, IPhone ROCKS!  Okay, now that I have that out of the way, I'll explain my outburst.  I downloaded an app called Jog Log.  Thru GPS, it measures your distance and pace.  It also calculates calories burned.  Also maps your run.  All kinds of cool stuff.

I thought I would try it out today.  I was pumped.  Got it all cued up and hit the road.  I was feelin' great today.  Could tell that I was scootin' along faster than usual.  I checked my pace and was estatic.  Mainly because I've felt like a slug lately.  I get the to end of my road (1.25 miles) in 11:58.  Faster than I've ran it since I started three weeks ago.  Woohoo!

I head back.  Mid-way, my phone rings!  It's the husband.  I'm huffin' and puffin'.  Tell him I'm running.  He says goodbye.  I look down and see a message on the Jog Log.  I think it says "do you want to resume your paused run?"  So I push yes and keep going.  Few seconds later, the thing beeps and it's stopped.  WHAT!!!  I'm running and pushing on the screen, running and agitated that I can't figure it out.  Running wondering what the heck is going on.  I finish the run in a huff.

Turns out, I think it said "do you want to continue to pause your run?"  Geez louise!  Luckily, I set my watch when I started so I got the end time.  I'm such a number freak though.  I want to know what I did, how fast I did it, etc.  Then I want to be able to compare the next runs.  I figure at least I got part of the run logged.  So I come home and try looking at it.  Up comes the message to resume run, I press No.  Then try to look at the log to see what I had done.  NOTHING THERE!  Somehow I screwed it up so much that it didn't even save the first part of the run.  WHY????

Oh well, maybe I will figure it out.  Or maybe the IPhone is just too smart for me.  Good 'ol faithful watch clocked my 2.5 mile at 24:15.  I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I forsee a love hate relationship with your as yet unnamed iphone! You'll get it figured out though, I know ya will! I got my iPod and got it all loaded up, so I'm looking forward to a tunefull run in the mornin'!

    ReplyDelete