Friday, September 17, 2010

The Good, The Bad & Well....

There ain't no ugly around here!  haha  I've been gone from this blog for awhile.  Not much to write about on my running blog when I'm NOT running!  I wanted to give those that care (all two of you, well, that might be pushin' it) an update.

Today was full of highs and lows.  I think I'll start with the lows.  I went back to the doctor today for my one month check up following the needling procedure.  I've had increased pain since the procedure and have had to take recovery pretty slow.  So my prognosis wasn't good.  The doc said 80% of people with Achilles problems get back on their feet after 6-8 weeks of rest, ice, etc.  The other 20%, are like me.  Tendons just don't heal and it takes FOREVER to get better.  How lucky am I?!  I relayed my frustrations to him and he was empathetic.  He said we just have to keep on the same path and hope that it gets better with time.  The next aggressive procedure would be taking my own blood, spinning it out to just platelets and injecting them directly into the tendon.  It's a new procedure that most insurance companies don't cover.  He charges $600 to have it done.  So I'm gonna stay with my physical therapy program and keep my fingers crossed.  He did have the athletic trainer make a pad for the back of my heal.  My shoes tend to rub on my tendon and cause more pain throughout the day.  I'm hoping that will quit exacerbating the pain and increase the healing process.

I did ask him if I could participate in a mud run that I entered months ago.  He said YES!  He warned me that I would hurt afterwards but I should go have some fun.  I think he could really tell that I'm about to lose it.  He told me to get a pair of soccer cleats and wear clothes that I don't mind throwing away.  Of course, I went straight to Academy and bought those cleats.  They had some on clearance for $9.98!

So the mud run decision was a positive but so was this...

I reached my goal weight today!!!!  Yep, I'm down to 135 and couldn't feel better.  I started back to the gym last week.  Spend the majority of my time lifting weights.  I do some on the elliptical machine too.  I really want to get toned.

The husband just HAD to take my picture this morning before I left for the doctor.  I was going to the gym afterwards.  I don't usually wear this outfit to town.

The husband was telling my how to pose.  Which hand to put where and which foot to put in front.  It was pretty funny.

Hope all you're running/weight loss/healthy eating goals are going well!  Until next time, peace out!